The 2014 Dryland Ag Day will be held Aug. 21 at K-State’s Southwest Research-Extension Center one mile west of Tribune on Kansas Highway 96. Registration and refreshments are available at 8 a.m. MDT, followed by field tours, indoor seminars and a sponsored lunch.
Field tours starting at 8:30 a.m. MDT include:
· Inzen Grain Sorghum – Post Emergence Grass Control
· Solid Stem Wheat Update
· Wheat Varieties
· Volunteer Roundup Ready Corn on Wheat Yields
· Tillage in Dryland Systems
· Dryland Crop Rotations
Indoor seminar topics beginning at 10:30 a.m. MDT include:
· Drought-Tolerant Corn
· Managing Glyphosate-Resistant Weeds
· Cover and Forage Crops in Dryland Systems
More information is available by calling 620-376-4761.