The Southwest Research-Extension Center at Garden City will host its Fall Field Day on Thursday, August 29.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. Coffee and doughnuts will be available. The tours and seminars begin at 9:30 a.m. A lunch will be provided at noon.
Field tour presentations include:
- Comparisons of Weed Control Options in Teff, Forage Sorghum, and Sorghum-Sudangrass
- Comparisons of Weed Control in Irrigated Corn with 48 Herbicide Tank Mixes
- Herbicide-Resistant Inzen Sorghum for Postemergence Grass and Broadleaf Weed Control
- Weed Control With 32 Herbicide Tank Mixes for Irrigated Sorghum
- Effects of AQUAmax Hybrid Corn on Spider Mite Populations
- Enhancing Sorghum Nitrogen Use Efficiency Through Fertilizer Management
Indoor seminars include:
- Effects of Different Irrigation levels on Western Corn Rootworm Root Injury to Bt and Isoline Plants
- Cover Crops in Western Kansas
- Water Issues in Western Kansas: It’s Not Just the Water Level
Presenters from the Southwest Research-Extension Center include:
- Jonathan Aguilar, Water Resources Engineer
- Randall Currie, Weed Scientist
- John Holman, Cropping Systems Agronomist
- Doo-Hong Min, Southwest Area Crops and Soils Specialist
- Sarah Zukoff, Entomologist
The Southwest Research-Extension Center at Garden City is at 4500 East Mary St. More information is available by calling 620-276-8286.
Steve Watson, Agronomy e-Update Editor